Whether You're a Member or Not, You Don’t Want to Miss the District 35 Toastmasters 2022 Conference!
District 35 is holding its first hybrid Spring Conference May 14th (hybrid).
The 2022 District 35 Spring Conference is a hybrid event, meaning some people will attend in person on May 14th at Hotel Marshfield, and some people will attend the conference remotely, online.
Networking is one of the benefits of Toastmasters that's not stressed enough. The Spring Conference is a wonderful opportunity to network with all the fabulous, motivated, helpful people in District 35.
Our conference this year is jam-packed with education sessions to help you level up your communication and leadership skills. With two world-class keynotes and over a dozen breakout sessions, there's sure to be something that will educate, motivate, and inspire you.
Most Toastmasters conferences have a keynote speaker - but this year, we have two! Learn from two World Champions of Public Speaking - Ed Tate & Pres Vasilev - and be inspired to level up your communication and leadership skills.
Our Amazing 2022 Keynote Speakers
ED TATE, CSP, 2000 WORLD CHAMPION OF PUBLIC SPEAKING
MAY 14, 2022
Ed’s success in business spans over two decades. But rather than discuss his successes, Ed reflects on his leadership failures at work and home, and the lessons he learned from them. These mistakes don’t have to be repeated in your life! You’ll discover a 4-step process for dealing with change, uncertainty, and chaos. You’ll learn to discern the difference between average and excellent leaders. You’ll discover the benefits of using influence over authority, and much more!
2022 Spring Conference Education Sessions
- Cindy Laatsch—Idea Lab Rapid-Fire Idea Sharing
- Dave Hendrickson – Surviving as an Introverts in an Extrovert’s World
- Dick Hawley – The POWER of Speechcraft
- Ekit/Edit TM Club – Club building in the New Normal!
- Gina Glover – Dail Up Your Influence to Become the Leader You were Meant to Be
- Jim Kohli – Responding to Conflict—Be the Pond, Not the Fish
- Lucas Roberts – Getting to Yes, I Will Join!
- Mark Robinson — Going Beyond Finding New Members for Your Club—P.A.R
- Paula Houlihan – Stop Wasting Time Managing Time
- Rich Hopkins – Laugh Anyway: How to Use Humor to Entertain & Effectively Impact Your Audience
- Theresa Flynn – From Creativity to Credit—Sharing Your Stories, Vision and Passion—and Earning Pathways Credit Along the Way!
- Tom Carlson — Quality Hybrid Meetings
The District 35 Toastmasters Spring Conference is a Transformational Event
If you’ve never been to a district conference, you’re in for a treat. Toastmasters is a great experience at the club level, but our annual conference takes it to new heights.
Imagine spending an entire day with speakers and fellow Toastmasters that all want to help you succeed. From morning registration to the evening awards ceremony, you’ll be immersed in learning experiences. You’ll get your questions answered. And you’ll get valuable information that you can use to level up your communication & leadership skills, as well as helping your club to grow and thrive.
As a bonus, you’ll also get to meet a lot of those people you’ve only seen on Zoom!
2022 Conference Agenda
MAY 6, 2022
Friday Fun Night – hosted by DJAB
MAY 7, 2022
9:00am: District Business Meeting
2:00 – 3:00pm: Keynote: Secrets of Compelling Storytelling by Pres Vasilev
3:15pm: District Table Topics & International Speech Contests.
MAY 13, 2022
Friday Fun Night – Hybrid Event
Hosted by Kris Pool, PDD & Lucas Roberts, Northern Division Director
MAY 14, 2022
Keynote Events by Ed Tate, CPS, 2000 World Champion of Public Speaking
Keynote Address: Manage Things Lead People: Leadership Lessons
Learned the Hard Way
Get Yes! To Your Request! How to Influence without Authority
Happy Hour with a Champion
Dinner Banquet & Hall of Fame Ceremony
Much more! Check back for details.
2022 Conference Registration
• Online Registration – Registered Club: Includes Education Sessions and Contests – $0
• Online registration – Club Not Registered: Includes Education Sessions and Contests – $25.00
Note: While we try to provide the same opportunities for online and in-person attendees, technological and cost limitations cannot guarantee that all events will be available or offer the same experience to online attendees. If possible to safely attend in person, you may want to choose that option.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
• Meals are included in the in person registration fees, and registration is required to attend events during meal periods. If you choose to opt out of a meal, note that no meal will be ordered for you.
• We are optimistic about being able to celebrate together in person. However, should there be the unfortunate occasion of another COVID-19 surge, the District Leadership will make a decision by mid-April to pivot to a virtual conference and notify members. If that happens, all registrations will be changed to virtual, and the difference in the price will be refunded to the card that was used to register.
“Toastmasters is an organization filled with individuals who are not only there to better themselves, but they’re also equally invested in supporting other members in achieving their goals.”
– PAULA HOULIHAN
If you are attending the 2022 District 35 Toastmasters Conference in person, you can book your room at Hotel Marshfield.